Wondering what to do this summer? Our Norwegian partner Re municipality is hosting a summer camp near the Oslo fjord, and inviting south participants on all projects who are in service in Norway.
"A lot of FK participants from the south stay in Norway during the summer. They have holiday, and we want to give them a different experience; teambuilding, invite to excursions and to be a part of the Norwegian summer culture for a few days.
Participants in Fredskorpset, Grace Ssanyu and Nasuru Kakuru from Uganda and their contact persons in Re Council, invite FK participants from countries in the south to join them."
More details about the camp:
Sand camp is close to the sea - south of Holmestrand It is a newly built camp suitable for students . The participants bring their own sleeping bags and sleep on mattresses on the 2nd floor of the house. We shall also put up some tents outside.
Arrival: Thursday 19th of July before 17 o'clock
Departure: Tuesday 24th of July - after breakfast.
It will be possible to arrive on Wednesday 18th.
At the camp the participants have to work together in groups - and make food, do cleaning etc
We have planned 4 excursions. Then we leave the camp for the whole day and all the participants have to join the group. There will also be some activities in the evening - if you want: Volleyball, swimming, paddling and fishing are parts of the summer camp at Sand.
• Adventure and activity trip in the neighborhood
• Visiting Midgard Historical center and the National park in Borre with Northern Europe's biggest graves from the Viking age and a visit to a Local Museum with things from our grandparents days and the Norwegian Naval museum.
• Visiting Stavern, an old naval town or visiting Kongsberg with silver mines and an old church -and perhaps a walk in the mountains. (The choice here is depending on the weather).
• Visiting Sweden - by bus to Strømstad in Sweden, ferry to Sandefjord in Norway and the bus back to the camp.
Breakfast for the participants will be at the camp and they will make their own packed lunch. Dinner will be served at the camp in the evenings.(Lunch in Sweden on that trip).
Participation fee will be 2500 NOK per person. We hope this and the travel expenses can be paid from each local project.
HOW TO TRAVEL TO THE CAMP:
• Oslo Lufthavn, Gardermoen and train to Holmestrand
• Sandefjord airport, Torp - bus to Sandefjord and then train to Holmestrand. Or we pick you up.
• To Holmestrand
For transport from Holmestrand:
You call John (Phone 907 68 565) - and we pick you up at the railway station.
The camp is from 19 - 24 July and you have to decide fast; last day possible to register is 25 June. There are only a few available spots left, so if you are interested you should send an e-mail to John Pedersen, FK contact/Re kommune: Johnp@online.no or John.firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 907 68 565
The information they need is:
Address in Norway:
Name, address/mail/telephone to the your contact person: